[GeoStL] Re: NGR- But GPS related

  • From: Judi F <deltawinner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 17:57:01 -0600

I bought my brother when they moved to Atlanta the Street Pilot 340 over the
330 model.
The main reason is that the 340 has text to speech.  Example:  the 330 speaks
"Turn right in 100 feet." You must then look at the GPS and see the name of the
street in the listing or on the map.

The 340 speaks "Turn right on Maple Street".

There of course might be other differences, but that was important to me.

From: maryjgasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [GeoStL] NGR- But GPS relatedDate:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 12:25:34 -0600To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My DH wants a gps navigation system for the car.  He has narrowed it down to a
Garmin Streetpilot c330 or Garmin Nuvi 350.  Other than the $$$ can anyone tell
me what the difference is and which would be better?  I also was wondering
about the Garmin Streetpilot c340.  Can you all help?
Thanks-
Mary
~GeoGache
Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live.Download today it's FREE!
http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_sharelife_112007