[GeoStL] NCR-Camera for sale

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geo <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 07:56:57 -0600

-
    I am selling my Sony digital camera in excellent working condition. If
interested, email me offlist and I will bring it to the Xmas party.   Bernie

Sony DSC-F717

was $800 at Best Buy

Optics and Resolution
The Sony DSC-F717 features a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lens with 5x optical
and2x digital zoom (for a 10x total), an f2.0 maximum aperture, and a focal
range of 9.7-48.5mm (equivalent to 38-190mm). It contains a 5-megapixel
(effective) Super HAD CCD, or 5.2 million gross pixels.

More Features
The DSC-F717 uses Sony's NightShot technology, the same feature seen on
Sony's camcorders, which uses infrared illumination and an infrared filter
totake photos in complete darkness. The NightFraming system provides
infraredlight as a composition assist, and utilizes hologram autofocusing
andpreflash exposure metering for consistently great shots, even in low- or
no-light conditions.

Picture quality is enhanced with clear-color noise reduction, which reduces
color noise, and slow-shutter noise reduction, which captures and subtracts
CCD noise from long exposures.

Other features include:

Swivel lens to capture photos in even the most challenging situations

Eye-level through-the-lens (TTL) 180 KB pixel LCD viewfinder and 1.8-inch,
123 KB pixel LCD display

Through-the-lens (TTL) preflash metering and red-eye reduction, hot shoe and
Acc terminal for HVL-F1000

Twilight, portrait, and landscape scene autoexposure

Multipattern measuring exposure system

46-step shutter priority (30 sec to 1/1,000 sec)

13-step aperture priority (f2.0 to f8.0)

Full manual exposure

High-speed scan autofocus

Manual focus ring with LCD magnifier

Movie Mode
In movie mode, the DSC-F717 produces color digital videos in multiple
creative formats, including 320 x 240 (high quality), 320 x 240 (normal),
and160 x 112. You can fill up the Memory Stick with digital video, even with
the new high-quality mode (which was limited to 15 seconds on the DSC-F707).
Another movie like feature is called Clip Motion, which will take 10 images
and put them into an animated GIF.

Storage and Transfer
Images are stored on Memory Sticks, Sony's proprietary memory card format.
The included 32 MB stick holds approximately 23 images at the camera's
standard 5-megapixel setting (2,560 x 1,920 pixels). Memory Sticks are
reusable, but if you tend to take more than 23 images per outing, then
you'llwant a bigger card. A 128 MB stick is a great size for this camera,
storing around 70 images.

  Power, Size, and Content
The DSC-F717 uses a proprietary rechargeable InfoLithium battery (model
FM50), which should provide 3.5 hours of use per charge (Sony estimate). The
camera measures 4.75 by 2.75 by 6 inches and weighs 24 ounces with battery
and Memory Stick.
Subject field