[GeoStL] NCR - EarthCache Master - invitation to join EarthTrek

  • From: Gary Braman <Gary.Braman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ozmtngeocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ozmtngeocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:55:00 -0700

FYI.

EarthTrek is another program that the USGS is starting.  There aren't any
projects in the U.S. at this time, but it sounds like a great program (at least
to me).

If you sign up, choose Fried Okra as your referral if you want.

See below.

Fried Okra.

Dear EarthCache Master

Firstly, thank you again for all your support of EarthCaches.  It is a
wonderful program where we can share in the wonders of the planet.

I am now writing to invite you to become part of a new international citizen
science program called EarthTrek.  This is a program where you help scientists
collect data on real research projects using your GPS and other equipment
(camera, calipers etc).  By participating you earn points and rewards.   You
even earn points for every person you introduce to EarthTrek.  This is an
exciting extension to what you already do with your GPS in the great outdoors.
Its free to register and free to participate!  I also hope you will feel free
to invite your friends, family and neighbors to be part of this exciting and
fun program.

The first 1000 people who register to be an EarthTrek participant will receive
a package of materials through the mail including a certificate, EarthTrek card
and a discount coupon to purchase official EarthTrek calipers.

To find out more information visit the EarthTrek website at www.goearthtrek.com.

EarthTrek is brought to you by the same people who administer EarthCaching and
the EarthCache Masters program.  Unlike EarthCaching however, EarthTrek will
have science projects that you can become involved in from a wide range of
sciences.

The first two global projects start on 1 July 2009.   In these projects you
will assist scientists in Canada, Germany and Australia research Garlic Mustard
plants and the weathering rates of gravestones.

I do hope you will consider becoming part of the EarthTrek project!

Kindest regards

Gary

Gary Lewis
EarthTrek Director