[GeoStL] Myotis Strikes Back

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:17:33 -0600

-
Glenn told me the server was down, so I do not know when my cache will get
approved.  I've given him the coordiantes of it.  I will try getting it
approved latter on tonight.  So if you want to get an early start or incase
I do not get it approved tonight, I have included the information for it.
It is in Forest Park.  Remember if there have been 10 logs since you last
did Moving Cache, you can do it again.  I did it today and the second part
of moving cache is near this cache.

Myotis Strikes Back
N38 38.282 W90 16.923

This cache is dedicated to my fellow geocachers (particularly RGS) who have
provided me many hours of fun by driving me crazy trying to find some of
their caches.

There is no room for a logbook in the first cache you must find. So I have
set it up as a 2-part cache.  There is a number in the first part that you
will need to find the second part.  DO NOT REMOVE THIS NUMBER.  (It also has
www.geocaching.com on it so you know you found it.   The second part is a
small tupperware (no room for exchanging) container that should be easy to
find.  This cache has a pencil and logbook.

I have a well defined area the cache is in.  The GPS will get you to this
area.  Once you get to the area, put away your GPS as it will not get you
any closer than the description of the area.

The cache is within a fairly small square.  First you will see a stop sign.
The stop sign is a corner of the square and the stop sign is fair game for
hiding the cache. (Is that a hint?)  Look down McKinnley Drive.  On the edge
of the woods you will see a big dead tree.  The tree is in the square (so it
is fair game). (Is that a hint?) From the stop sign, look down Carr Lane and
in the side walk right above the creek you will see a section of sidewalk
with a square on it.  The square is in the square. So the square the cache
is in is from the square in the sidewalk to the stop sign to the dead tree
and then straight down to the creek.  The 4th side of the square is the
creek (yes the creek bed is in the square.)

Park on Carr Drive.  You can follow the grass area around to the area to
search.  I am giving this a 3 rating for the terrain.  That is based on the
worst part of the area.  Some of the area would be a 1 and some of the area
would be a 2 or 3.  I am not going to tell you what the rating of the area
the cache is in.  There are some slippery spots so watch where you step.  I
would not want anyone slipping and getting hurt.

I will tell you this about the first container: I have never seen one like
it before.  After you see it, you may never cache the same again.  Look
closely!  I hope this is hard to find.  But, even if I am wrong, I think you
will enjoy this one.  I enjoyed setting it up.

Way to go Brawny Cub and CTP for keeping our pinky secret on what the
container is!  I hope you get a good laugh out of it!

Once you find the container, it has a three digit number.
Add the three digit number to N38 38.155.  The other coordinate is W90
17.027 (do not add anything to it.)  If the number was 111, the coordinate
would be N38 38.266 W90 17.027

This cache is very carefully placed.  Please put it back just the way it
was.

Hint:
Second Part: Up in the woods under some weird looking piles of sticks stuck
together.

First Part: You think I am going to give you a hint!!!  I will tell you this
everything in the description is true.  But there may be a hint in the
description.  Some words were chosen very carefully!  If you go out there
and cannot find it after a good look, you can ask for a hint that will make
it much easier.

Subject field