[GeoStL] Re: Molly Update

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:20:17 -0600

-

Thanks for the update. It reminded me of when I had to use a blanket for a
sling like you described using a belt for my dalmatian. He had surgery on
hisknees on his hind leg, but he still had two front legs. But having done
that, I can see how it would work well to support the whole dog. I could
spread the blanket forward enough to help "tilt" the dog so he could do his
duty, yet still support him. He was a hyperactive dog, so it was hard
keepinghim calm too.

I hope it all works out with Molly and she recovers quickly.

Mike

Tim and Pam wrote: - Molly is doing well. She is getting use to not having
both of her front legs. She has fallen a couple times with the snow, ice and
wet garage floor. She had surgery on her back leg 3 &frac12;weeks ago. It
hasbeen really hard on both of us dealing with that because she could hardly
get around by herself. Tim was having to carry her outside and down the hall
to the bedroom. She had a splint on her leg when she came home so she
basically only had 2 legs. She got the splint removed and the staples taken
out one week after coming home. That has helped a lot when her mobility. She
can walk again but we put a strap under her stomach to help her. It is very
critical that we keep her calm and off of her back leg until it heals, they
are telling us 2-3 months from surgery date. Luckily she doesn&#8217;t want
to use the back leg much yet so that is helping to keep her calm. We have to
keep her confined in a small area when we aren&#8217;t home so she gets to
gointo her &#8220;Molly Fort&#8221;. We get her next to the couch and then
weplace chairs around her with a blanket draped over them to keep in. We
don&#8t think she likes it very much but she will enjoy her freedom even
moreonce it heals. She got to lay outside for about 30 minutes on Friday so
she really enjoyed that. She was busy sniffing the air and chewing on
sticks.Hopefully her leg will heal so she can get back to enjoying the great
outdoors and seeing all of her friends at MOGA. We will be posting pictures
to the web site; hopefully later this week. Tim, Pam and Molly
<http://www.PetPhotoKeepsake.com>[1] www.PetPhotoKeepsake.com[2] ^ ^
&middot;&middot;&#8216;**************************************** For List
Infoor To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this list, click
-----> //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[3] Missouri Caches Scheduled
to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw[4] Missouri land use policies -->
www.MoCache.net[5] Mogeo forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php[6]
"NGRLIST" --> //www.freelists.org/list/mga[7]