[GeoStL] Re: Man it's warm down here

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:23:49 -0600

-
Talk about cold, I just got back from Calhoun County working on my new
series.  Talk about cold!!!!!!!  It was bone chilling down by the river
(where most of the caches are).  That wind coming off the river was
something else.  When I was down in Cache Hollow, there were massive waves
in the river-really neat looking.  The Brussells Ferry was closed from the
ice in the river so I had to drive to Hardin to get across the IL River.  So
that cut my time down and I did not have time to go on the longer walks I
had planned: Titus Hollow to relocated it and Calhoun Point to check on
it-with the closed gate that would have been 2 miles of walking next to the
river.  That would have been cold!  Oh well, I have to make another trip to
finish things up.  Even with my all kinds of warm equipment, even getting
out of the car for a couple of minutes by the river was burr!!!!!!!

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"