[GeoStL] Re: Google result from "mogeo" search

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:18:19 -0500

That's interesting, because we downloaded malicious software the other day
during a MOGA meeting where we had several sites open, including mogeo.com. The
software acted as if it had detected a virus and wanted us to go to their site
to purchase software that supposedly would remove the virus. It was very
persistent, and we got rid of it by doing a restore of previously saved
settings from 4 days earlier.

-Laurie

From: gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Google result from "mogeo" search
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:43:38 -0500

Glenn,

You may be interested in this!

Missouri GeoCachers
This site may harm your computer.
Geocaching.com is the listing service for geocaches around the world. MoGeo.com
is the site for the Missouri Geocachers Association.
www.mocache.net/ - Similar