[GeoStL] Re: Geo-woodstock III

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:33:11 -0500

-
No, not as it is configured right now. Joe has made it into something that
is vastly different that what it used to be.

Organized events, vendors, schedules, agendas... too big and expensive and
not what I had in mind when thinking about hosting such a thing.

I really enjoyed the GC1, No agenda, just  "lets get together and visit for
the day... ".  It was very a fun, no pressure event with plenty of time for
visiting and mixing.  The GS2, while being pretty fun, left pretty little
time for standing around visiting. Everybody was out looking for a few
hundred caches.   There was a larger mission on everybodys mind..."oops,
got to run, see ya later...". Of course, they never did.

glenn

At 11:33 PM 8/23/2004, Mike Griffin wrote:

>-
>Yeah.. But did we really want it??? After the 1000.00 dollar requirement, I
>was not too interested in it. I might go to Florida though. Just have to see
>what the final date will be and if I have plans to rearrange my sock
>drawer.. :-)
>
>Mike

Subject field