[GeoStL] Geo-Woodstock Results

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:54:45 -0500

-
Astonishing! To say the least.. Number Hounds, take note!

Mike
---------

"The Numbers" ( sometimes it is all about the numbers )

RECORDS:

9,752 logged caches in Nashville for the weekend and still logging, Almost
10,000

240 caches in a straight 24 hour period, from 10:00 AM July the 4th till
10:00AM July the 5th by carleenp and The Leprechauns with me at the wheel
and Scoot The Frog navigating, its always cool to ride with the
frog!!!!!!!!!

744 cache found of caching in Nashville by geoPirat and Huskie from Germany

465 Travel Bugs on a cache page and they are still logging, will up date
later

53 geocachers found more than 100 caches in less than 12 hours on the Wagon
Train cache runs

218 people ate Free Catfish at an event

The fun had by all that attended "PRICELESS"

Fun Numbers:

236 people attended the Meet and Greet

13 people fell into the creek while finding Get You Feet Wet cache and 3
kids jumped in on a pleasant July day

wimseyguy won the GPS'r from Magellan on the poker run and he won the pie
eating contest, but only he and I were playing, and we didn't want to share.

No one left without a door prize after the poker run

Six stitches were needed to a newbee cacher on there very first cache at the
event and we all got to watch, GeoGyn was the on call doctor for the event

Southpaw won the pool $$$ for being closes to the number being logged

235 trade items that were placed in the poker run caches, after the event
there were 9 items left total, but that's why they were there.

The only event I know of that had sponsorship from all three of the major
players Garmin Magellan , and the Groundspeak store "BIG THANKS GUYS AND
GALLS"

The Wagon Train Cache Runs led by:

r0b 137 caches X 10 people in the train

NashvilleJoe caches 113 X 12 people in the train

Southpaw caches 140 X 6 people in the train

AbbysGrammy caches 100 X 11 people in the train

Mosestron, and GrannyLani caches 185 x 6 people in the train

Monkeybrad caches 205 X 6 people in the train

Other Cool Stuff:

For our Good Park officials and ourselves pictures were taken before the
geocaching stampede of the eleven poker run caches sites and after the event
was over while taking them out and will be done one more time after 30 days
to see if any permanent damage was done to the areas leading to and from the
caches to know if they regain there life for future events like this where a
lot of people would make a geo-trail in one day. Will let you know later.
"Yeeeeee  eeeeeeeeeeee NO DAMAGE was done"

From the bottom of my heart thanks for everyone that came and for helping
out...  JOE

Subject field