[GeoStL] Gas RE: Re: 5000 Milestone

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:43:34 -0500

I drove to OH last week.  I got 41 mpg in my civic driving about 69 MPH.
The biggest problem is most of the car manufactures successfully defeated
efforts to make vehicles get better gas mileage.  So now they are going
bankrupt since they cannot compete against the companies that made more
efficient cars.  If the car companies used American know how to make cars
get better mileage (instead of fighting efforts to force them too), you
would not have to fill up so often and since there would be less demand the
price would be lower.

I noticed the semis have really slowed down.  I do not think a single one of
them passed me the whole way. The faster you drive, the lower the gas
mileage.  There is a big drop in mileage above 55.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Go Obama!

  _____