[GeoStL] Fw: GMRS/FRS radio recommendations?

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:43:45 -0500

Ok.  Maybe I am interested in GMRS because
of its range and have to purchase a license.

Even reading an FAQ about the difference
between GMRS and FRS, I'm not sure I've
made up my mind.

I used a CD radio during the mid 1970s
(10-4, good buddy, what's your 20?).  I
realize they operate in a similar manner
in the same frequency range.  A GMRS
raio is allowed to push more wattage than an
FRS radio, thus the license regulation.

I still have some reading to do on it.

konopapw