[GeoStL] Funny Link / cache Question

  • From: "Lawrence Burtelow" <burtelow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 05:58:02 -0600

Mike,

I sent an email to the person who placed those four new caches telling him to
recheck his coordinates. I also posted notes on two of the cache pages where I
am positive the coords are wrong. One shows actually being in Emmenegger but I
wouldn't trust the posted coords based on his other efforts. I'm not familiar
enough with the area north of Hwy 40 for the 4th one to make a judgement. He
has not responded to my email as of this morning.

As far as maximum time allowed for a cache that hasn't been found, I think 6
months has been the norm that I have seen. They do have cycles--a burst of
activity when they are first placed, then a slow down after everyone finds
them, then a slow pickup as new geocachers come into play. I believe almost all
of the SLAGA placers would respond if several "no finds" were logged.

Larry(MrB)