[GeoStL] Re: Conservation Department Caches

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:25:48 -0500

-
The SLAGA site had a real nice searchable land use page that you could easily find who is in charge of about any area. Someone wanted it removed for some reason so those pages are now gone. As soon as I figure out how those pages were done, I would like to have them added to the Missouri Geo Assn pages. They were very useful pages.

As a result, I can no longer find anything easily.

If you get a pamplet for the conservation area you are interested in, it will list who the land manager is on the last page at the bottom.

I am sure that many of the areas dont know much about geocaching or the permits developed by the manager at Busch Widlife.

That is the best I can do right now.. I have no specific names. I do know that cacher "Know Future" has been having good luck contacting folks. Maybe he can pop in with better info.

The www.MoGeo.com site has a link to the agencies in general. They might be of some help.

glenn

At 02:54 PM 8/28/2003, TKLNHL wrote:

Are there any names I can drop in getting permission to place a cache on Conservation land?

My husband had talked with the soon-to-retire guy last month. He said that he knows there are caches out there but that as far as he knows no one has ever asked him for permission . He's out of Sullivan -- which used to cover our south-eastern area of Gasconade County.

From what I've learned over the last month or so is that they are going to a County office system instead of more of a regional office.

I have a call in to Jeff Demand in Linn, MO. Sullivan is pretty sure he covers the Gasconade are,a but, Columbia isn't so sure ... The lady answering the phones in Linn has only worked there a month and thinks he probably does but has never heard of one of the places I'm asking about (can't tell you either it's a secret ..) We don't want to just place something out there since we know one area is wildlife management area with foodplots etc. Another person in that office is Jennifer ...?

Could anyone suggest or have the names of other agents they have worked with? Perhaps point out some well-done caches on Conservation land that I might be able to use as an example?

Thanks!
Nancy
NHL of TKLNHL and Kyd