[GeoStL] Re: Chat & JC Potluck.

  • From: <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 19:50:28 -0500

-
Oh Andy, you're making me feel better. I went out hiking this morning to take a
break from Christmas. Got my foot caught on a vine or root and took a full face
plant into the mud.  Felt very fortunate, too, beacause the little patch of mud
I fell in was surrounded by big ugly rocks.

Was supposed to stop by Dierbergs on the way home but I didn't think they'd
want me around the food, since I was covered head to toe with dirt.

I guess we'll both be achy when we get out of bed tomorrow!

Susan

> From: Andy Sims <yutty_666@xxxxxxxxx>

>>> It's been a pretty duh! day all around.  Good caching
> for me, but I sustained some injuries due to falling
> over while in a standing position.  I sure fall down a
> lot for a 31 year old man.  My shaved head also seems
> to be a prime target for sticks to puncture.  I think
> my wife ordered me a groundspeak cap for xmas, so
> maybe that will cut down on the skull punctures.
>
> Thank god I wear glasses or would have poked out an
> eye by now.
>
> By the way I don't have to go in the woods to get
> banged up.  I have a large strawberry on my head from
> a violent incident with my desk.
>
> Maybe I should start drinking again.  Then I would at
> least have an excuse for the 50 band aids on my body
> at any given time.
>
> Andy
>
> --- Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > -
> > Andy, there is a chat room but if we tell you where
> > it is we would have to
> > stop talking about 'ya.. :-)   Actuall, if you go
> > the the SLAGA home page,
> > www.GeoStl.com  , look across the top menu bar the
> > link will be there.  I
> > think folks pop in in the evening but if you have
> > the chat client loaded
> > all the time you could see folks pop up as they
> > enter. Not many folks go
> > there but there is some. I think a note here with
> > directions to head to the
> > chat room might work.
> >
> > glenn
> >
> > At 10:55 AM 12/21/2003, Andy Sims wrote:
> >
> > >-
> > >
> > >I was wondering if there's a chat room that St.
> > Louis
> > >area Geocachers use to look for other people to go
> > on
> > >spur of the moment outings?  If not, maybe i can
> > set
> > >something up.  I thought I read something a long
> > time
> > >ago about this, but I burned out that part of brain
> > >since then.
> > >

> > >Also, I was wondering if there's an approximate
> > count
> > >as to how many people are planning on doing the
> > Jeff
> > >City trip?  I'm going as long as it's still on, but
> > >was just curious as to how many of us will be
> > there.
> > >Still not sure if my wife is coming or not, but I
> > am
> > >going by hook or by crook.
> > >
> > >Time to go get some grub and spend the day being
> > >humiliated by RGS. :)
> > >
> > >Happy hunting,
> > >
> > >Andy (Yutty)

> //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching