[GeoStL] Re: Cache-dense area recommendations for Saturday?

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 06:32:52 -0800 (PST)

-
West Tyson County Park has a lot of caches in a (relatively) small area.
However, some parts of the terrain are pretty rugged and the total round-trip
hike is something over 6 miles.  You can minimize both terrain issues and
hiking distance by doing the upper and lower parts of the park separately.
Park at the Chubb trailhead (just off highway 44 at the Lewis Road exit) for
the upper part.  Park at the bottom of the hill (off Allen Road? - somebody
correct me if I have this wrong) for the lower part of the park.  If you only
have a little bit of time, I think you'll get much more bang for your time
doing the lower part, which has 7 or so caches in a small relatively flat area.
Tom