[GeoStL] Re: Beta for Etrex vista

  • From: Rudy Johnston <rudyjhnstn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:03:14 -0800 (PST)

-
As I sit in my den, downloading waypoints into my
Sportrac MAp, I am recieving 4 strong signals from
sats.  Amazing, though while this unit appears more
responsive, my garmin 12 (old) amd Magellan 315 get
the same results, just a little slower.

Rudy
--- Mike Griffin <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a vista and have not had any problems with
> it. I just got rid of a Legend that I had for almost
> a year. The screen died on it so I took it back to
> Walmart and they gave me a full refund. Gotta love
> Walmart. Since they don't carry the high end
> Garmins, I bought the Vista at Bass Pro Shops. I
> have been all over with it and get pretty good
> reception. I have a friend who has a Magellan and
> seems to get better reception. He claims he can get
> reception indoors too.
>
> Mike

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......