[GeoStL] Re: Awesome GPS product

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:20:26 -0500

-
Aren't the maps they use bitmaps of the 24K USGS?  If so, the maps I make
are three times the resolution of the 24K maps and they are vector instead
of bitmap.  You can also update and add stuff like trails.

Also if MOGA used ExpertGPS for the topomaps, I can easily make a much
higher quality map.  If you have my maps installed, go to Pere Marquette and
look at the map set Other Maps to see an example.  All you do is merge the
various maps into one.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"