[GeoStL] Ammo Boxes as cache containers

  • From: "Paul Konopacki" <konopapw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:58:41 -0600

http://www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_ammoboxes.htm

I have been cleaning out all my old browser bookmarks for the year and came
upon this link.  I have ordered from them once before.  I have also purchased
ammo boxes from Uncle Sam's on Manchester Road in Ballwin.

I was surprised to see the cache container for a new cache in Babler State Park
was an ammo box. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=105621.
I re-read the copy of the geocaching rules for Missouri State Parks and the
copy I have doesn't say that ammo boxes are prohibited.  However, some
government agencies have problems with ammo boxes and get really bent out of
shape if you use one as a geocache (the whole Sept. 11th deal).

I prefer ammo boxes in the harsh and deeper woods vs. tupperware because I have
seem what animals and the elements do to plastic containers.  Ammo boxes are so
much more sturdier and resistant to snooping animals.