[GeoStL] All about geostl.com

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:19:48 -0500

-
Yes, I am retiring (for the last time).
I am holding a series of learning sessions about how geostl.com is
put together - the technology, the processes and the issues.
The first will take place in the geostl.com chat room at 8/12/04
from 8:00pm - 9:30pm.

This is for VOLUNTEERS only.  I am training replacements.
If you have web skills (but mainly if you have a work ethic
to follow directions and want to see geostl.com continue),
then you probably qualify.  If you don't have a few free hours
a week to contribute to the up-keep of geostl.com, then
this is not for you.

I will be consulting throughout the transition, so if you want
to learn something about maintaining a web site or just
want to give back to your local geocaching organization -
this is your chance.

To participation, email webmaster#geostl.com (replace # with @)
or go to www.geostl.com and find the link to email webmaster.
Mention you want to participate in the geostl.com technical chat.
We will send you instructions on how to join.  If you happen to
miss the chat, I will capture the session text, edit it, and make it
available on the web site.

In addition to the training sessions, I will be creating web
pages that explains the formatting, standards and directory
structure.  The URL of these pages will not be available to the
general public - only to those who have volunteered their time.

Paul - future former webmaster at geostl.com

Subject field