[BNU] Re: searching the network

  • From: Tony James <megatronjames@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jessemellish@xxxxxxxxx, braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 08:56:44 -0400

Hi Jesse,

The network is actually a little more tricky then a regular drive. Here are the steps. At any drive prompt press n (be sure your connected to the network). The BN will prompt, network place, press space here and choose browse entire network. The BN will prompt for a server name. Here's where it gets tricky. You have to know the exact name and spelling of the server or domain you wish to search. Once you enter a server name the BN presents a login form which may or may not be relevant. Press space with e to exit this form after entering the necessary info. If you searched instead by domain, at this point Keysoft will give you a list of servers on that domain and you can choose one in the usual way. If you entered a server name, at this point you'll be at the normal list of folders prompt. For some reason, I've been unable to access an open network with this option. The BN won't accept that the network drive I'm trying to access is unsecure. Good luck.

Tony the Cuddly Tiger

Harboring secrets and lies will only breed more and they will hurt, shatter, destroy, and demolish a person. Harbor them too long, and they will turn upon you and completely annihilate you. Stand behind the shield of truth and it will protect you.