[BNU] Re: notetaker comparisons and some questions

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 13:49:52 -0400

Yes, they both use Windows CE6 (Joseph can tell you more details about that).
The Apex and Braille Sense are pretty evenly matched in terms of processor and
ram, though the U2 is a bit better. Still, lack of functionality like .docx
support, dropbox, rss, Twitter, and more is not related to the physical
capabilities of the hardware or software, but rather to the simple fact that
Humanware hasn't added them. They could, but they haven't, and who knows if
they ever will. Some features may not work on the Apex due to its hardware,
such as voice chatting, but even that is just a guess and it could as easily
turn out that HW has just not felt like adding that either. In short, some
features are limited by hardware, but a great many are limited only by
Humanware itself, and we have no clue why they (Humanware) would do that.
On May 27, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Richard Fiorello <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi;
> Hope everyone in the U S is having a great holiday.  I stumbled on a podcast
> on blind cool tech the other evening discussing all the wonderful things that
> the latest hims note taker will do.  I realize that I was only hearing one
> side of the story.  Am I correct that both hims and humanware are using
> similar operating systems?  If that is the case I wonder why there would
> appear to be much more functionality with the hims unit?  Some of the problem
> is probably related to the amount of memory and processor speed but certainly
> not all.  Maybe some of the programers out there should apply for work with
> humanware.
>
> --
> richard
> -------------------------------
> BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
> from Humanware.
> Website: www.braillenoteusers.info
>
> IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that
> your reply would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in
> your email client.
>
> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject
> line of "unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> You can also visit our list page at:
> www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
> From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
> list archives.
>
> If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an
> email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx