[BNU] e: A braille bible for anyone who would like it - OB TOPIC & CONTROVERSIAL

  • From: "frank M. Hernandez" <assistdirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 15:16:37 -0700

Dear List,
As someone who is very interested in the Bible, I did a simple Google sirch and posted some of it below. I know it's off topic, but I thought I should post what I found in case someone els had questions about this version.

I have nothing against the person offering this version, I'm just sharing what I found.

?????
The New World Translation (NWT) is defined by the Jehovah's Witnesses' parent organization (the Watchtower Society) as "a translation of the Holy Scriptures made directly from Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek into modern-day English by a committee of anointed witnesses of Jehovah." The NWT is the anonymous work of the "New World Bible Translation Committee." Jehovah's Witnesses claim that the anonymity is in place so that the credit for the work will go to God. Of course, this has the added benefit of keeping the translators from any accountability for their errors and prevents real scholars from checking their academic credentials. The New World Translation is unique in one thing - it is the first intentional, systematic effort at producing a complete version of the Bible that is edited and revised for the specific purpose of agreeing with a group's doctrine. The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society realized that their beliefs contradicted Scripture. So, rather than conforming their beliefs to Scripture, they altered Scripture to agree with their beliefs. The "New World Bible Translation Committee" went through the Bible and changed any Scripture that did not agree with Jehovah's Witness theology. It is only the Watchtower's pre-conceived heretical beliefs that are behind the dishonest and inconsistent translation that is the New World Translation. The New World Translation is most definitely not a valid version of God's Word. There are minor differences among all the major English translations of the Bible. No English translation is perfect. However, while other Bible translators make minor mistakes in the rendering of the Hebrew and Greek text into English, the NWT intentionally changes the rendering of the text to conform to Jehovah's Witness theology. The New World Translation is a perversion, not a version, of the Bible.

So, if anyone would like a differant version, I would be happy to send you one or give you other places to find non Watchtower materials.

Contact me privately, I don't wish to add more trafic to the list.
And sorry again for the off topic post.
Frank M.  Hernandez.

IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that your reply
would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in your email
client.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject line of
"unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view