[BNU] Re: KeySoft.

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aeverette2@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 08:25:33 -0400

The instructions are all laid out on the Humanware website, and you should read
those. Basically, though:
1. Download and install the license file (a .exe file) on your bn.
2. Put the upgrade file, called nk.bin, onto an SD card of between 64 and 512
mb (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).
3. Plug in the AC adapter; it is very dangerous to upgrade with no adapter
present.
4. Go to the main menu, insert the SD card, remove all other storage cards and
devices from the mPower, then do a reset with keys 4 and 6 held down. After a
short series of rising tones, release the 4 and 6 keys (release reset
immediately) and wait about ten minutes while Keysoft does its thing. The unit
will reset a few times, and you're done.
Again, please refer to the instructions from Humanware as they contain
important information and more exact instructions. The above is just an outline
so you know what to expect and what hardware and time you'll need.
On May 7, 2013, at 7:51 AM, "Anita" <aeverette2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi List,
>     What is the   proceedure for installing  KS on my BrailleNote MPower?
>     Thanks,
>     Anita

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)