[BNU] Re: BrailleNote shutting down

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lucysirianni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 22:14:15 -0400

It sounds like your battery is very slightly lose. It will come out of contact
with the contacts (wow, that was repetitive), then back into contact, but the
loss of power is enough to cause the bn to freak out. When you turn it off and
back on, it sees the battery, but has to reset because of the total loss of all
power. The only things you can do are to try some tape across the battery to
hold it in place, or contact Humanware to see if they offer a trade-in on
batteries if one starts doing this. Of course you could just buy a new battery,
but I've heard of a few other units doing this, so see if they have a program
in place to replace faulty batteries before you spend money. Good luck.
On May 6, 2013, at 10:06 PM, Lucy Sirianni <lucysirianni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  Today my BrailleNote has been doing something odd.  In the midst of working
> properly, it simply shuts down (Braille display looks as if the unit is off,
> won't respond to any commands, etc).  When I switch the unit off and then
> turn it on again, it resets.  It has done this several times in the course of
> just the past few hours.  Does anyone know why this might be happening and
> what I can do to make it stop?
>
>  I'm using an Apex BT running KS 9.2.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Lucy
> -------------------------------
> BNU: BrailleNote Users - a forum for users of BrailleNote family of products
> from Humanware.
> Website: www.braillenoteusers.info
>
> IMPORTANT: By default, replies will be sent to individuals. If you feel that
> your reply would be useful for others, please use "reply to all" feature in
> your email client.
>
> If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send an email with the subject
> line of "unsubscribe" to braillenote-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
> You can also visit our list page at:
> www.freelists.org/list/braillenote
> From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view
> list archives.
>
> If you have any comments or questions for list moderators, please send an
> email to braillenote-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx