[BNU] BrailleNote Users website: the next generation arrives!!!

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braillenote <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 03:17:44 -0700

Hi BrailleNote users, HumanWare staff and others:

We at BrailleNote Users website team are proud to announce the opening
of the next generation of BrailleNote Users website
(www.braillenoteusers.info). The new website is the result of one of
our grand projects - integrating visitor requests with latest in
content management technologies while delivering a dependable resource
on BrailleNote created by users for users.

The new generation features:
* Latest content management technologies: we at BrailleNote Users site
development team believes that people should have access to latest and
greatest content for the product. To help us with this task, we chose
Drupal, a popular content management system (CMS) which powers many
websites out there. Using a CMS would mean easier ways to add latest
content, as well as easier ways of managing existing content.
* User accounts: yes, you read it right - you can now create user
accounts on the site to collaborate on pages, leave comments on
articles and post blogs. Also, we have laid the foundation for future
enhancements, such as site forums.
* Search: use the search form to search for relevant information - no
more clicking a series of links just to go to the desired page
containing the information you are looking for.
* easier content submissions: adding new articles and podcasts has
never been easier. Previously, you had to email one of the site
developers (Joseph or Alex) just to get a podcast or an article added
to the site. Now, using add content feature, you can add new podcasts
and articles. Plus, a number of BrailleNote users can review your
content and send you feedback before the content goes live
(restrictions apply).

For more information on the next generation BNU site, read the following blog:
http://www.braillenoteusers.info/blog/site/new-site-launched

So what happens with the old site? The old site will be kept as a
compatibility site; however, the direct address for the old site
(old.braillenoteusers.info) will be retired on May 4th. The
information on the old site will be updated from time to time to
reflect content edits from the new site.

We hope the new BrailleNote Users website would be a valuable resource
on BrailleNote family of products for years to come. Speaking of
years, the address for the new website is in fact the same one from
the previous generation:
http://www.braillenoteusers.info
Thanks.

Sincerely,
The BrailleNote Users Site Team (Joseph and Alex)

From this page, you can unsubscribe, change email delivery settings and view