[BNU] Re: Braille Display.

  • From: "Roger Behm" <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aeverette2@xxxxxxxxx>, <braillenote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 07:34:17 -0500

Hi Anita,

You can use your MPower's Braille display with Window-eyes any version  and
older version of Jaws. Jaws in the latest version seems to stop suporting the
MPower through serial connectivity.

You can also use the bluetooth in some cases, but that is not as easy to
connect as the serial port, either using the Nul modem female to female cable
that normally comes with the MPower or a usb to serial 9pin male adaptor.

Window-eyes is the best to use with older Braille displays, then any other
screen reader.

Regards,
Roger

ADAPTIVE INFORMATION SYSTEMS INC.
WE MAKE TECHNOLOGY ACCESSIBLE TO THE VISION IMPAIRED AND READING DISABLED

ROGER A BEHM, PRESIDENT
1611 CLOVER LANE
JANESVILLE WI 53545-1388
VOICE: 608-758-0933