[bksvol-discuss] Re: weather around the country

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:45:21 -0800 (PST)

I agree with Mike about the heat. One of the reasons I
moved to California from Minnesota (apart from the
fact that on a vaction I'd met the man whom I later
married and wanted to get to know im better and see if
things wold work ot) was the relative coolness of the
summers -- most of the time. I never minded the cold,
snowy winters in Minneapolis, but when it was hot in
the summer and I saw on news reports that it was in
the 70's in southern California I was envious.

My daughter recently visited her Arizona
brother-in-law. Where they live, which I think is
outside of Phoenix, they can't have grass --or
trees?-- because of rationing of water. The yards were
of stones, I think she said, or cactus. Actually, that
wouldn't bother me much -- no lawn-mowing or weeding
or watering, but it sure bothered her and she said she
could never live there.

Cindy
-

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!