[bksvol-discuss] Re: volunteers in Katrin'as path

  • From: Pat Ferguson <fergent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:57:52 -0500

Hi Lissie,

I've been praying for everyone in Katrina's path today. I think that Mississippi has already been hit, but not sure. I will continue to pray for Shawn and everyone else.

We talked to Vernon's brother who lives in Alabama, near Mobile, and he said they are okay and they got some high winds and a lot of rain today as a result of Katrina.

We've also been through an F4 tornado in June of 2003. We know what this kind of thing can do.

Many lovings and squeezings for all of you, loving ones.

Love and Blessings,
Pat Ferguson

At 03:31 PM 8/29/2005, you wrote:
Dear Volunteers,

Shawn who lives in Jackson, Mississippi, sometimes participates in the Bookshare conference call on Wednesday nights. The center of hurricane Katrina is approaching Jackson and the weather recording equipment has been damaged so specific reports of the weather there can't be collected. This is just a reminder for us to keep Shawn and all of our bookshare friends from the southeast in our thoughts. I've lived through a few violent storms and the damage and risk is unimaginable. I hope everyone is safe and suffered nothing worse than a soaking from the rain.

Always With Love,

Lissi