[bksvol-discuss] Re: suggestion for people who are frustrated by validation process

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:34:26 -0500

I make cleaning up and validating books a sort of game. I pretend that I'm an elf or book faerie doing the work for the author himself and that my mission is to make sure the world hears what he/she has to say. What people choose to do with the finished product is out of my hands. Doing it this way keeps me focused on why I'm validating instead of on how long it might take to be approved. I even have some soft, warm slippers that I pretend let me silently slip into the author's study to make sure the book is able to reach everyone. Yes, I know it's silly. (smile) Doing this keeps me going when I don't want to see another scanner error.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com