[bksvol-discuss] stripper strikes again

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:40:49 -0400

I recently downloaded and extracted the .html version of a book called Quicksilver. I wanted to read it as it is the first book of a series. Usually I do not read .html books but instead validate. It gave me a chance to observe the stripper in action.

In this book it left a lot of garbled titles of the book at the tops of pages. It pretty much mangled or removed entirely chapter headings. Figure I can fix some of this and upload a corrected copy sometime. No need to re-scan so please supress that urge and scan something not in the collection as the text itself is in good shape.

Hail the stripper. We whose work has been careful know it often comes to naught. All that is organized desolves into ruin. Woe to you who cling to results for the stripper is a force of destruction whose ways are mysterious.

E.