[bksvol-discuss] Re: remind me please who to send books to?

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 21:19:27 -0500

Dear Charisma,

Evan says he'll scan and I'd like to proofread A Treasure Chest of Quotations For All Occasions by Herbert V.
Prochnow. It's over 400 pages long, but from what I can gather there may only be one quote per page. I enjoy quotes and collect them as I proofread. If, however they are crowded on a page like words in a dictionary, the book might be too long for me to undertake. Do you know anyone who can tell you?

I checked out the mammoth books of quips, etc and discovered it has ten thousand entries and though much of it might be fun, that book is far longer than I could imagine proofreading.

If we succeed with the Treasury of Quotes, then we might trry one of your other books if they haven't been done by others yet.

Please write me off list at airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll send you our address.

Best of luck getting your other books into the collection.

Always with love,

Lissi

-----Original Message----- From: Charisma
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2017 7:47 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: remind me please who to send books to?

this is my list of books I own that I'd love to be scanned, I have the
books to donate:

Transforming Trauma: A  Guide to Understanding and Treating Adult
Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse by Anna C. Salter, ISBN:
978-0-8039-5509-7

The Evidence Never Lies: The Casebook of a Modern Sherlock Holmes by
Alfred Allan Lewis, ISBN:  0-03-071856-2

Napoleon and that Napoleonic Wars by Albert Marrin, ISBN:  014-036479-X

The Mammoth Book of Zingers, Quips, and One-Liners by Geoff Tibballs,
ISBN: 978-0-7867-1407-0

A Treasure Chest of Quotations For All Occasions by Herbert V.
Prochnow, ISBN: 0-06-015043-2

Just one minute ago I double-checked the collection by author/title
and ISBN and didn't find any of these present.

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 5:07 PM, Deborah Murray
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Charisma,

As far as I know, Bookshare no longer accepts donations of books to scan in-house.

There are a lot of scanners on this list.
Give us the titles of the books you want scanned, and almost certainly you'll get volunteers to scan your books.

Deborah