[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about scanno

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:28:32 -0400

Dear Scott, and Booksharian Friends,

Are you scanning or proofreading this book? If you're proofreading, have you
tried to contact the person who scanned it. If you can't contact that person,
can you access the print copy via sighted help or an opticon? If you're stuck
on all fronts, I can see if my library has the book or if I can get it for
cheap, but that'll take about two weeks because I'll be going out of town.

If you're scanning it, I can send the info so you can plug it in.

Meanwhile you could work on another book and renew the Lighthouse book until I
get back. Once you have the print book, the fixes can happen pretty fast.

If you want me to check out those numbers and island names, send me the book
title, and ISBN off list to

airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eddie And The Fire Engine, the book with the Christmas message that was giving
Shelly problems came today. The message is easy for me to read because it's in
large print, but the letters are wavy and the words are crooked not in straight
lines. When the book arrived I turned to that page because if I couldn't read
it, I'd have had to tell Shelley to keep looking for someone to help her. It
will be fun proofreading Eddie and the Fire Engine because I grew up reading
those books in braille. I wonder if those books are still available from NLS or
if they wore out years ago?

I'm off to spell check a chunkster.

Good luck

Always with love,