[bksvol-discuss] profile of submitting factors

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:31:27 -0400

Would there be any use in asking a potental submitter to fill out a profile mentioning what software, version of same and scanner is being used to create files? I do not mean for each submission but somewhere?

I am particularly concerned that optimized input in a scan can hasten a book's progress toward the new books list. I am getting books where some attention to detail prior to scanning or during a scan could have improved the final product. For instance, after scanning the first few pages, if you read them you can tell patterns. Even for those of you who do not have the really fantastic optimizing feature of k1000, if you read the first couple of pages and notice a lot of your words run together you may know to adjust a setting. I have been advised that run together words may mean adjusting brightness setting.

E.