[bksvol-discuss] Re: pages not coordinating

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:59:58 -0800

Do you know what system the submitter used to scan the book?  I once found that
OpenBook had put extra page breaks in a book I scanned.  When the program
crashed on me during a batch scan, and I reloaded the program, then brought up
the document again, and started scanning where I had left off, I noticed that
the number of pages had unaccountably increased.  When I read through the book,
I found that OB had somehow added page breaks near the bottom of each page in
all the pages before I had resumed scanning after the crash.

Obviously, I don't know that that is the problem in this case, but that's what
happened to me.

Short of reading through the book, you may be able to do a search and replace,
and remove any page breaks not associated with page numbers.  If it doesn't
mess up the Bookshare processing, you might just leave them, but that sounds
unlikely.