[bksvol-discuss] Re: page numbers different font than text of page not being recognized

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 17:28:17 -0800 (PST)

What are the books, Dan? If they sound interesting to
me, or even worthwhile additions to the collection
that I don't find particularly interesting (I have
been pleasantly surprised on occasion) and if I can
get the print book, I'll be happy to validate and put
in the correct page numbers. It's mo trouble to do
that as I read along and validate. Occasionally I've
been so interested, or so sleepy, that I put the wrong
page number or forget to put a page break when the
books don't have them, but I always double-check the
pagination after validating and before uploading, so
the mistakes are corrected.

G.Cindy

--- Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         Ok, I have a problem that is irritating me.
>
> I have started scanning the second in the Work and
> the Glory series.
> However, I noticed that I was getting no page
> numbers.  I asked my wife and
> when she looked she said the pages do have page
> numbers.  However, they are
> of a different font than the rest of the page.
>
> I have tried to change brightness and resolution and
> things but they still
> are not showing up.  She looked and they do show in
> the image under Abby
> Fine reader but not in the OCRed text.
>
> I am using Abby Fine reader Sprint 6.  Does anyone
> know how to change the
> layout settings?  I am thinking that perhaps I can
> tell it to recognize at
> the top of the page things like the page numbers.
>
> If I can't figure this one out I may have to pass on
> these books.  They are
> large enough that it is going to be rather tedious
> to keep track manually
> and put the page numbers in.
>
> Thanks.

at