[bksvol-discuss] Re: page number positioning for consistency

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 20:33:17 -0400

After a book has been proofed and as it is being uploaded to the Bookshare collection there is a Bookshare tool that automatically moves page numbers at the bottom of a page to the top, so it is not necessary to move them yourself. However, I am unsure of just how smart I should trust that tool to be. For that reason when I find myself scanning a book that already has the page numbers at the top except for the numbers being at the bottom on the pages that begin a chapter I go ahead and move those numbers to the top. It is not a difficult thing to do and poses no problem for me. I don't seem to be encountering books with alternating positions for page numbers though. I would expect the Bookshare tools to be smart enough to handle them and so it would be unnecessary to move them just like it is probably unnecessary to move the ones that I am moving. This might be a good time to get clarification from staff.
On 5/16/2017 5:50 PM, Clarissa Mitchell wrote:

I've started working on a book that has page numbers at the bottom of
odd-numbered pages and the top of even-numbered pages. This is the
second book I've checked out that has this page numbering situation.
On the previous book, I moved all page numbers to the bottom of the
pages. Is it important to have all page numbers at either the top or
bottom of pages, or does it matter as long as they're there? Should I
move all the page numbers to the same position on their respective
pages?
  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.