[bksvol-discuss] Re: numbering question

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 07:10:30 -0700

Netta,

Yes, you add a page the same way you would add a page for any other document. The only difference is that for bookshare books you must include the page number on the blank page and something like [blank page] so that readers know they haven't missed anything.

Hey, don't worry about taking a little time off to chill. Volunteering is supposed to make you feel good, not drive you crazy. I've had books (especially non-fiction) that took months to finish because I could only work on them in small doses.

Misha

On 10/14/2012 7:57 PM, Dornetta wrote:
OK Misha;
What you said actually makes sense. I checked the table of contents (which I
saved as a separate file so that I can check the pagination) and according
to that, all of the "stories" or chapters begin on even number pages. So,
that kind of clears it up. The scanner said that there were images in the
text so it is possible that the images are on odd number pages. I will ask
the scanner that question as well; there is already a email out to her about
some other stuff. The book was a good scan with not much corrections, if any
but the pagination is off and Madeleine pointed that out to me. Anyway,
maybe adding blank pages to get the pagination on the right course is the
thing to do but I am somewhat scared to do this. Give me some advice as to
how I can do this.
Should I just place the cursor at the end of the text of the page and then
add a blank page? I would do this in a "regular" document for school (well
actually I add a page break--like for a work cited page)...is the technique
the same.
Again, I will put this book up for a day--stress and nail biting is in full
effect--and anyway tomorrow is white cane day and I have to do the welcome.
Email me back when you get the chance---thanks
Netta