[bksvol-discuss] new history by Alison Weir

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:56:23 -0700 (PDT)

For all you history buffs -- I was looking to see
which of my library branches might have in the Six
Wives of Henry VIII, by Alison Weir, so I can read it
if Amber doesn't get to  it  before she goes back to
school, and I found a new book by Weir that sounds
fascinating:  Queen Isabella: Treachery, Adultery,
Murder. I can't tell if it's even out yet--from the
catalog listing it may not be published until October,
but it got a good review in Publisher's Weekly. It's
not about the Spanish Isabella but the wife of Edward
II of England. I've been some novels set in that time
and I don't even remember her name being mentioned.
The book sounds very interesting, though. I suspect it
had a lot of pages--most books seem to these days.

BTW, there are in the collection two copies of Henry
VIII: the King and His Court by Alison Weir. Both are
rated Excellent, but one has VIII and the other has
the word eighth. Based on the short synopsis, they
were submitted by two different people. Just
mentioning this in case the duplication isn't
necessary, but maybe it is desirable.

http://mail.yahoo.com