[bksvol-discuss] Re: help with book:

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 23:12:46 -0500

Kenny, the problem is that the section breaks in this book have to do with not just page breaks but with column breaks. The book has been scanned as multiple columns, probably by someone scanning it in two-page mode and then saving it so that Word thinks that the two pages are each a column on one page. I've run into this before, and it does exactly what you are describing. Follow the instructions Valerie sent. It's critical to reset the book so that the text is just one column. Then let us know if you need additional help. smile.

Judy s.

Kenny wrote:
Hi marry this is kenny. It makes the text have each letter on each line instead of seeing the whole line of text. I never heard of replacing section breaks with page breaks causing this problem either until today. Usually when I do that it doesn't infect the text in the book.