[bksvol-discuss] Re: computer crash

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:12:29 -0500

Dear E,

I followed your suggestion before you even made it. After checking around I found a 300 gig hard drive for about a hundred and seventy five dollars, more or less, and it backs up my files every morning at ten A M or any time I want.

I was so crushed when I lost everything that I promised myself not to start another thing with the hard drive Dell replaced until I'd found a way of trying to avoid this sad disaster. It took a while. First, following a friend's advice, I spent almost the same amount on a tiny drive which would hold 8 gigs. I thought that was awesome and was reluctant to tell anyone lest I sound like I was bragging! hahahahaha

Fortunately, I did tell a friend I made in Reading Club for the Blind, off list. "Oh," I crowed, "It's little and I can take it anywhere and plug it in to any computer and..."

Knowing I don't travel much she asked me where I'd be taking it and how I'd use it without Jaws. Then she explained that if I got a larger one, I could get way more memory for not much more money.

I returned the tiny external drive and am set up now so that I feel a little safer about my files. Next I hope to learn how to back up my favorite files on disks. I really grieved the loss of my files. It was like a library burning to the ground!

Thanks for your interest, Liz.

Always with love,

Lissi