[bksvol-discuss] at the monday meeting nd victor soft

  • From: "Gisela Vazquez" <gvazquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:24:20 -0500

I hope, at this Monday meeting, there will be serious consideration given to a nuanced approach to this
problem, rather than allowing an arbitrary decision that causes automatic rejection of anything that lacks the page breaks. Do that, and you should also
reject anything that's not excellent text quality as well.

Hi Mary,

I couldn't agree with you more. although, even as a student, you could find the material you need, then find a sighted classmate to get you the reference material. That's what I did sometimes.

Everyone will never be pleased. There is just no getting around that and nevermind how much we'd like to try. On the other hand, this is a booksharing service and we don't all have the skill or time to do perfect jobs. That's why there are validaters, yes? I do hope the meeting takes in to consideration the different kinds of submissions bookshare receives. Oh, while I am aware that daisy books are hard to navigate, there are bookmarks available in victor soft if i'm remembering correctly.

Gisela