[bksvol-discuss] Re: a book scanner question. What to do with bulleted lists

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rik James <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 07:20:48 -0800

The bookshare manual, found at
https://www.bookshare.org/cms/scanning-home
says if bullets are present convert them to asterisks *

In the past, I know we were supposed to put Wish List before the title, but haven't heard anything about this and couldn't find anything about that in the manual.

By the way, the manual has not been updated to reflect some changes in entering titles. There are now places on the book information page for subtitles and series names and numbers so you don't have to add these to the title itself.

Misha

On 2/3/2019 12:06 AM, Rik James wrote:

Hello,

I am scanning a book I borrowed from our library.

It is one from the BOOKSHARE WISH LIST!

The Secret Life of the Dyslexic Child

By Robert Frank.

A really excellent book, I think.

There are a couple places where the author has some lists of items.

And the items will have the bullets in front of them.

Question. Do I leave those as is? Or do I remove the bullets?

Or do I replace the bullets with another character?

Also, when I submit this book, should I put WISH LIST in the title to indicate to you Proofreaders that it is a Wish List title?

Thanks.

Rik James