[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validaters, It's Your Turn

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:07:09 -0700

Great idea, Monica, I love it!  Thanks for including us validators.

Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Bookshare Discuss" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:32 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Validaters, It's Your Turn

Fellow Booksharians, it's time to honor and celebrate our validaters. By
now, I'm sure you've heard about Project Treasure Chest, a project to
encourage submitters to submit ten excellent scans. Now it's time to
show some love and respect for our unsung heroes, our validaters. Books
can't get approved without these hard-working men and women, so it is my
honor and pleasure to announce... Submitters have open their Treasure
Chests, now it's time for Project Gemstone!

Here's how it works. Each person who validates 10 books that go into the
collection with an excellent rating between now and April 30, 2008, will
be recognized on a special Project Gemstone web page and will be entered
into a drawing for one of six 20-dollar Amazon gift certificates. On top
of that, you'll have earned $25 in credit from Bookshare toward your
next year's subscription. The drawing will occur on Monday, June 2,
2008. There are a couple of guidelines put in place to make sure this is
fair to everyone. Everyone here is a person of integrity, and these are
designed to give everybody a fair shot. Please read on.

1. Validate any book you like from the step 1 page, making sure it is in
excellent condition when you upload it. .
2. Please email me a list of the ten books you have validated at
rhyami@xxxxxxxxx by April 30, 2008.
3. Please include no more than 2 books of under 50 pages in your 10
qualifying validations. It's not fair for someone to validate ten
picture books while someone else is struggling through a monster of a
book like War And Peace.
4. Please validate books from several submitters with no more than 3
"hold for" books in your list of ten validations.

I'm excited about seeing our validaters get the recognition they
deserve. You are all gems, shining your lights quietly as you volunteer.
Now it's time that the world sees your lights and knows who you are. The
books you work on now will be treasure for many people in the future.
Like gemstones, their value will live on through time, giving pleasure
to each person who possesses them.

Monica Willyard