[bksvol-discuss] Uploaded into collection

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:00:58 -0600

Hi all,

I've validated three excellent and easy to validate scans, two of which have already been added into the collection. Those two are: "Dead Cert," by Dick Francis, and "Forfeit," by Dick Francis. Carrie scanned those. If you are a Francis fan, these are fun novels from his earlier years!

The third which I just submitted late last night is "The Hidden Treasure of Glaston," by Eleanor Jewett. Shelley's scan was great, so my thanks to her for scanning this childhood favorite of mine. It's a cross between a mystery, a hunt for the Holy Grail and Authurian legend. The tale unfolds by following a 12-year-old boy who has been left at the monastery in Glaston by his father, who has been banished by King Henry II for assisting at the murder of Thomas Beckett. The book is a great read for older children and young adults (and us older adults who love this type of tale as well!) and contains a nice combination of fiction blended with accurate historical facts.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx