[bksvol-discuss] Two books uploaded for administrative approval

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:54:50 -0600

Just uploaded two books for administrative approval that I loved validating.

The first is "How do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight," by Jane Yolen. It's an absolutely delightful children's book, and the scan by Karen H. was awesome - zero errors. Long synopsis: "In each playful spread of this read-aloud bedtime book, parents are ready to put their kids to bed-but these youngsters just happen to be dinosaurs! And though they may stomp and slam their tails a bit, in the end they act a lot like people-they give a big kiss, turn out the light, and whisper "good night".

The second is a book I asked to get added to the collection, "The Colonel's Ladies," by Eric Hatch. Great scan by Carrie, and the book is as much fun as I remember from reading it over 25 years ago. Synopsis: When an unmarried 43-year-old history professor with a penchant for civil war history, at the urging of one his female students, buys his own cannon and forms a tiny eleven-person horse-drawn artillery unit, the adventures begin! Based loosely on the author's own experiences of forming the First Litchfield horse-drawn artillery back in the early 1960s.

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx