[bksvol-discuss] Time delay getting into collection

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:11:50 -0800 (PST)

I think perhaps the delay getting from the uploading
into the system might have to do with the quality of
the scan and validation. I take a long time validating
because I read the book cover to cover, as do some
other people. Even in apparently excellent scans, I
find words omitted or the wrong word that isn't caught
by a spell-checker because it is a word, even though
not the right one for the context, e.g., he for be.
These can be found from the context by reading. I
don't look at the book itself when I come across a
sentence that doesn't sound right (speaking here
figuratively but I'm sure actually would also be the
case) except to double-check and see what the missing
word should be (e.g., within insead of in, which is
what I thought was missing).

However, once I upload the approved book, I find that
it gets into the collection very quickly. I check to
see, so I know whether to delete my original download
and notes (I now save my corrected files in case books
disappear) and have been surprised to find them in the
collection within a day or two.

Cindy

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250