[bksvol-discuss] Re: Three Asterisks: An explanation from the staff

  • From: Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 13:21:26 -0400

Thanks Evan.  That helps a lot.
Reggie

-----Original Message-----
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan Reese
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 12:42 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Three Asterisks: An explanation from the staff

Hi Reggie, to get the asterisk type dots 1-6 on a six-key keyboard. If your
braille display translates into grade 2 on the fly, as my Pac Mate does,
you'll see the regular braille asterisk, two sets of dots 3-5. Even if you
don't, and get the ch sign instead, if you're working with an rtf file, dots

1-6 will show up as the asterisk.

Evan