[bksvol-discuss] Stripping Page Breaks Stripped Chapter Headings

  • From: "Jackie M." <xercon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:45:44 -0800

Hi,

On the last book I validated, I found that some page breaks were missing, but,
more troubling, some of the chapter titles were missing.  When I check a book,
I try to verify that all the titles listed in the contents actually exist in
the book.  I had to figure out where the chapters ended, and put in the chapter
titles in several instances.

I still haven't figured out what to do about page breaks - the book page breaks
and those added by MS Word.  I hope Bookshare folks come up with a standard for
that eventually.  But frankly, in a non-textbook, I don't care; the book is
just as readable without any pages!  I have been reading by listening to tapes
for years, and they don't have pages.

- Jackie McCraw