[bksvol-discuss] Step 2 page form questions

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:02:02 -0700

On Step 2 page for when going to accept or reject a particular book...

Question 1:

Copyright Name:   (is it the author or book name)
   I've always put book title there.
-   One book I validated it had the author name
-   Another had the copyright publisher (MGM)
     which is correct?
  Or mabye both?
I guess a company like Metro Goldwyn Mayer can own the copyright thus that
is what we put?

Question 2:

There is a Help button by these links mentioned above.  But on my IE 6, I
get a 2-tone sound from Windows and nothing happens, except that JAWS and
the program loses focus.  I figure it is a security setting.  Anyone have a
helpful suggestion on how to cause that not to happen?   I do have the
Bookshare already set as one of my "Trusted Sites" in IE.

In Today's News:

Just an aside to you other book lovers, some of you may relate to this.  In
today's New York Times (Friday, March 3) check out a piece in the Editorial
section.

Observer Yellowing Paper, Stiffening Glue and the Sudden Demise of a
Library. By VERLYN KLINKENBORG
"Some days I suspect that the objects around me are aging faster than I am."

Until downloading a bunch of these national daily newspapers & magazines
from Bookshare, I never really read a lot of them.  Thanks, to NFB Newsline
and Bookshare!  Such a treasure!  I hope someday my local paper will be on
that list.

Rik