[bksvol-discuss] Re: Peeling the Onion

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:53:29 -0600

I believe that a comprensive volunteer manual may be in process.  I will
contain also scanning/reco tips and techniques.  G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Research,
Human Ability & Accessibility Center,   (HA&AC)
Austin Tx.
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

". . . Maybe it was only those who were most certain they were right who
were guaranteed to be wrong. And that maybe, just maybe, those who
questioned the most were in the end those who came closest to being wise."
[David Poyer, The Command]

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/25/2008 06:09 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Peeling the Onion

Hi,
If I get scanning software, I would want to know this stuff. Is anyone
willing to write it down somewhere so we can perhaps start a manual or
tips
page for scanners?

Thanks.

Jim

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis." --
Margaret Bonnano

             "E."
             <thoth93@earthlin
             k.net>                                                     To

             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc

             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject

                                       [bksvol-discuss] Re: Peeling the
                                       Onion
             01/24/2008 11:06
             PM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

The book Peeling The Onion took a good deal of work. It's subject may
be admirable. The submitter may have her heart in the correct place.
She needs to learn the kind of techniques which will improve the page
breaks and page numbering of her book and give her fewer spelling
errors. She is a repeat submitter.  Thus her patterns mean more work
for others.

I truly hope some way can be found for bookshare to pass along
validator comments so submitters produce excellent submits. Many of
these patterns for better submitting are about some care taken up
front. This stuff can be learned.

E.

of